Private Chef Services in Medellin
As much as locals will say otherwise, Colombian food is not the reason why thousands of travelers visited Colombia in the past 3 years. In fact, food might not even crack their top 5.
Colombian food is great but lacks originality. It’s heavy, carb based and locals aren’t too open to try new flavors.
For that reason, we here at Medellin VIP offer a service that will allow even the fussiest traveler to enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal by an International chef in the city of eternal spring.
Private Chef Medellin
One of the first services we’ve offered in Medellin has been the use of an expert chef for pool parties, home-cooked breakfasts and full course meals.
This service has been quite popular as it allows our groups to keep the party going without having to stop for a two hour trip to a restaurant.
Recently, we had the privilege of catering to an important group of Hotel magnates living in Turks and Caicos.
This group, was a mix of older Americans mostly in their 40s that are used to nothing but the best food and service wherever they go.They chose Medellin as the city to celebrate a 50th Birthday and were skeptical about what to expect in terms of food.
We brought John Herrera, our local celebrity chef and we asked him to put together an 8-course chef’s tasting using local flavors and a wine pairing.
Catering in Medellin
The menu was an eclectic mix of beef, pork, seafood and dessert. Here is what was featured on the menu:
- Seared scallops w/ Lemon asparagus and caper butter paired with a Chilean Chardonnay.
- Mahi Mahi w/ Coriander and Jalapeño Chutney paired with a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc
- Country Pate (Chicken and pork liver wrapped in bacon) in a red wine reduction paired with a Luigi Bosca Malbec from Argentina
- Yellowfin Tuna Tartare paired with a Rioja from Spain
- Black Truffle Risotto accompanied with Porcini mushrooms topped with thin slices of black truffle paired with a Pinot Noir from Argentina
- Filet Mignon accompanied with baked potatoes with rosemary and olive oil paired with Rioja from Spain
- Roasted Lamb chop served with hummus, toasted almonds and coleslaw paired with a carmenere from Chile
- Chunky brownie bar made with highly baked dark chocolate accompanied with gourmet Vanilla ice cream paired with our local aged rum.
The meal was highly acclaimed and the birthday girl even went as far as to say it was the best meal they had ever had.
In addition to full course meals, we also offer an assortment of different types of meals to make your trip to Medellin even more memorable.
Want to learn more about private chefs in Medellin? Contact us today.