Learn about Guatape and El Penol
Anyone that has ever searched for Medellín on Google or know a thing or two about Colombia know that no visit to Medellín is complete without taking drive up to stunning Guatape.
A beautiful small town with a natural monolithic formation known as “La Piedra del Peñol” (The Rock of El Peñol), Guatape features a beautiful, small town and colorful town that people love to visit as well as a large manmade lake and hydroelectric dam. Oh yeah, and did I mention the monolithic formation has 742 stairs you can climb that allows you to get a better view of all of this?
Our Guatape excursions include private transportation to and from your hotel or apartment and a detailed itinerary so you may climb the rock and rent a speedboat out on the lake to spend the day sipping back a local brew and taking in some sun. One of our most solicited tours, this Guatape excursion is a day trip you’ll never forget.
Our driver will take you to so you can climb the rock, then take so you and your group can have lunch in town.
- Apartment/hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport in air conditioned vehicle
- Private driver
- Bilingual Host (Optional)
- Boat Rental (Optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- The drive is approximately 2 1/2 hours
- Departure Point: Your apartment or hotel
- Departure time (Flexible)
- Latest departure from Guatape (5 PM)